2012 was our breakout year where we really started to fill out our site. Trail Swag covered a lot of events, and started new sections. We have big aspirations for 2013, but we wanted to look back at 2012 first. We posted about 700 blog posts, held four contests and gave away prizes to some very appreciative winners. Ferris Park turned 50 (while Canada turned 145) and it was definitely the year that Adventure Racing took off.
Wild Rock Outfitters in Peterborough found an innovative way to price match to suit their customers better, brought the Ontario premiere of the Mountain Bike movie Strength in Numbers to Peterborough and celebrated 20 YEARS!
Explore Magazine made some changes, is now a quarterly magazine, and ramped up their content in 2012. If you're not reading Explore, you're missing out. It is informative, offers plenty of tips and shows exactly how much Canada has to offer.
We saw technology trickle down into camping gear to offer us advances such as...
There are already things to look forward to in 2013...
- Not one, but two new books from Kevin Callan
- It's expo season again! Can't wait for the Ottawa Outdoor & Adventure Travel Show and the Toronto Outdoor Adventure Show
- A new Survivorman book, and the possibility of new Survivorman episodes! (Les is still ironing out the details)
- The Canadian Canoe Museum will be making strides to explore a new location that is closer to the water
- Now that Canadian Tire owns Atmosphere, we expect to see more Atmosphere stores in 2013
- We have a LOT of camping gear that we're still testing to add to our reviews section, and SO many more camping spots to visit