This week SPOT announced their upcoming SPOT-X 2-Way Satellite Messenger. SPOT X is the latest addition to the award-winning SPOT family of products, providing affordable, off-the-grid messaging and tracking for hundreds of thousands of outdoor enthusiasts.
Through a direct connection to the GEOS International Emergency Coordination Center, SPOT has triggered nearly 6,000 rescues around the globe within the last ten years. With SPOT X, users can better communicate during their adventures with 2-way satellite messaging to keep in touch with family and friends, or if necessary, emergency personnel.
The new SPOT X features...
- Illuminated Qwerty keyboard
- 240 hours (10 days) of battery life in continuous 10 minute tracking mode
- Alerts 24/7 Search & Rescue center
- Rechargeable lithium battery
- Impact resistant, dust & waterproof (IP67)
- 2.7" backlit display
- Your own Canada-based personal mobile number so others can message you directly from their cell phone or other SMS devices at any timeBuilt-in compass and programmable waypoints to help you navigate
- Select from 2½, 5, 10, 30 or 60 minute tracking intervals, and let family, friends and other adventurers follow your progress with SPOT’s easy-to-use Google Maps™ interface.
- Exchange messages with any cell phone number or email address from beyond cellular coverage
- Send an S.O.S. to the 24/7 Search & Rescue center, message back and forth about the nature of your emergency, and receive confirmation when help is on the way
- Link your Facebook and Twitter accounts to keep your friends and family in the know wherever you go
- Check In and Quickly and easily let everyone know you’re OK
SPOT X will be available online and at outdoor retailers in the US mid-May 2018, with worldwide availability following the U.S. launch. The device will cost $249.99 U.S. with several annual service plans available, beginning at $19.99 U.S. per month. Find a dealer near you.