After delivering a birthday present of free admission for all Parks Canada locations for Canada's 150th, they followed up with a phone survey to see how the present was received by Canadians. The 2017 Visitor Satisfaction Survey contacted 3.090 people and the results were overwhelmingly positive...
- 1 in 4 visitors to a national park were experiencing it for the first time
- Banff was a popular destination in 2017 (followed by Jasper National Park, La Maurice National Park, and Riding Mountain National Park).
- Spending time with family and friends inspired Canadians to visit
- More than 9 in 10 visitors enjoyed their visit
- Canadians were satisfied with their overall visit
52% of the respondents that went to National Parks mentioned that they enjoyed the beauty, scenery, nature, natural surroundings and landscape the most.
Thanks to the resounding positive feedback, the government has since announced it will keep admission free for youth 17 and under permanently.