Just wanted to pass along that we're upgrading the site to include SSL (Secure Sockets Layer). It's kind of boring news and slightly technical but it means that our site will be more secure and it will also load a smidgen faster. On the down side, users with older versions of web browsers might not be able to load the site...
Unsupported browsers include:
- All versions of Internet Explorer on Windows XP
- Internet Explorer versions older than 7
- Firefox versions older than 2.0
- Safari versions older than 2.1
- Any Google Chrome version older than 6
Unsupported mobile browsers include:
- All versions of Safari running iOS older than 4.0
- Any Android browser running on a version older than 3.0 (Honeycomb)
- Any Windows Phone browser running on a version older than 7
We think the trade-off is worth it and it is an added benefit for our readership as you will continue to get quality content without the fear of viruses, or the site getting hijacked. We wanted to upgrade now, rather than run into problems sometime down the road.