Here’s a shoutout to one of our sponsors, The Great Canadian Kayak Challenge Festival in Timmins, Ontario. Not only did we want to thank them for advertising, but we wanted to highlight a few points about the upcoming festival on August 24th and 25th.
This is the 5th annual event, which is held at Mountjoy Historical Conservation Park, has categories for all ages, up to $20,000 in cash prizes, and plenty to see…
- 9 Paddling Divisions
- Kayak Clinics
- “Kayak for the Heart of it” 3-person Sprint Race
- Stand-Up Paddle Board Demonstration/Race
- Children Activities
- Art & Culture Routes... performing arts, exhibits, aboriginal village and more
- Saturday Evening Fireworks
- Highland Dance Competition
- Rubber Duck Race
- Multi Band Saturday night free concert
The event was recently named one of The Top 100 Festivals in Ontario for 2013. Registration closes on August 22nd at 4:00 p.m., so be sure to sign up. You can either bring your own equipment, or rent it through D&L Docks, Northern Sports or Timmins Adventure Tours. There are also special hotel rates for competitors.
Whether you are going to compete, or just take in the sights and sounds of the event and Timmins.. this looks like a great upcoming weekend to explore Northern Ontario.