The 2nd Annual Winter in the Wild Festival is coming up just around the corner in Algonquin Park on Family Day weekend. Numerous events along Highway 60 run throughout the day from 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. on February 16th. All of the activities are free (with the purchase of a Daily Vehicle Permit or Camping Permit) and can be located via the signs along the highway at event locations. Lunch can be purchased at the Visitor Centre Cafe (Open 9 to 5) and a BBQ dinner can be purchased at the Mew Lake Campground.
Be sure to download the .PDF which contains a schedule of the day's activities. Events include...
- A Guided Winter Bird Walk at Spruce Bog Boardwalk Trail
- Winter Landscape Photograph Tips with Peter Ferguson in the Visitor Centre Theatre
- Winter Wildlife Excursion by Snowshoe at the Visitor Centre
- Tours of the Algonquin Park Visitor Centre Collections Room
- Ice Skating, Campfire and BBQ at Mew Lake Campground
- Winter Camping Demonstrations at Mew Lake Campground
- Fireside and NIght Hike Wolf Howl Program at Mew Lake Campground