On February 18th, Algonquin Park is hosting a Family Day Festival for the entire day.
"all-day event celebrates the park’s winter wilderness by encouraging families to try winter park activities, even some that have never been offered before. Festival events take place at different Algonquin Provincial Park locations along Highway 60. Most are free (excluding meals) with the purchase of a Daily Vehicle Permit or Camping Permit (excluding meals)."
Head over to the Ontario Parks Blog for more information. Events include...
- 10 am walk of the park’s Spruce Bog
- Hot Chili (vegetarian and beef) lunch from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm
- Collection Room open for this special occasion
- Learn to snowshoe and identify wildlife tracks on a guided snowshoe hike leaving the Visitor Centre at 1:30 pm
- A big bonfire and BBQ is planned at Mew Lake Campground, from 4-6 pm
- Fireside & Night Hike Wolf Howl will begin at 6 pm