Today is Parks Day, celebrating 100 years of the world’s first national parks service. Today in Toronto at Centre Island from Noon to 8:30 there will be lots of festivities including a free outdoor concert by Toronto singer Sarah Harmer.
- Toronto’s veteran roots rock band The Skydiggers will open the Toronto celebrations, Followed by Serena Ryder, the five octave range sensation that received a Juno in 2008 for «best new artist».
- Plan your unique Parks Canada Experience at the Welcome Centre.
- Try and learn about outdoor activities.
- Meet historic characters.
- Take a souvenir snapshot in one of our amazing places.
- Meet Parka the Beaver, Parks Canada’s mascot.
- Visit the Trent –Severn Waterway “Wetland Discovery Trailer”.
- Get your face painted and hands tattooed in our kids zone.
- Enjoy local food vendors or bring your picnic.
- Celebrate in an environment friendly event!
Yesterday CBC Radio 2 celebrated with a brand new campfire song by Sarah Harmer.
You can also enjoy FREE entry to all 42 national parks, 167 national historic sites and 4 marine conservation areas today!