Cooke Custom Sewing's lightweight Silicone coated Tundra Tarps are now available in Canada thanks to Canadian Outdoor Equipment. Both the 1.9oz Silnylon Tundra Tarp w Quad Loop and the 1.1oz Silnylon Tundra Tarp w Quad Loop are available for purchase and offer a lightweight waterproof solution to keeping you protected during your next camping trip.
Tundra Tarps offer many features such as...
- Silicone coating does not wet out like urethane coated nylons
- 3/4” nylon tape around perimeter with loops spaced every 20 to 24 inches around edges and along internal seams.
- The strongest construction and most versatile to set up
- Seams are sewn with nylon thread, single needle lockstitched with double stiched lapped seams
- NO Grommets...which often fail at the worst times
- Pack cloth reinforcement in centre with quad loops for securing a centre pole
- Depending on the size of the tarp it is constructed from either 4 or 6 panels.
- Weight: 8x10: 680g - 10x10: 879g - 12x12: 1050g
- Capacity: 2 - 8 persons
- Packed Size: 6" x 12" in silnylon stuff sack
These tarps can withstand a far greater load without ripping and have a greater resistance to wetting out. Check out this handy how-to for setting up your tarp.