British Columbia Parks announced that they will be adding more than 350 campsites in time for the upcoming camping season. This is just the first part of the rollout of 1,900 new campsites that were announced last November. While new sites will be coming across the Province, the main focus will be on the Kootenays, Okanagan, the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island.
The new campsites, which will be available for the 2017 camping season, are:
- Blanket Creek Provincial Park near Revelstoke – 58 sites
- Halfway Hot Springs Rec Site near Nakusp – 20 sites
- Six Mile Bay Rec Site near Mackenzie – 20 sites
- Okanagan Lake South Provincial Park near Summerland– eight sites
- Badger Lake Rec Site near Heffley – 30 sites
- Scuitto Rec Site near Kamloops – 17 sites
- Garibaldi Provincial Park near Squamish – 20 sites
- Chek Canyon Rec Site near Squamish – 32 sites
- Stave West –Sayres Lake Rec Site near Mission – 60 sites (Phase 1)
- Desolation Sound Provincial Parknear Powell River – 34 sites
- Rathtrevor Provincial Park near Parksville – 30 sites (Phase 1)
- Goldstream Provincial Park near Victoria – four sites
- Pye Mountain Rec Sitenear Sayward – 20 sites
- Maple Grove Rec Site near Lake Cowichan – 22 sites
Additional campsites will be announced as expansion continues.
Banner photo from BC Parks.