Today Garmin took the wraps off the Oregon 700, 750 and 750t touchscreen outdoor handheld GPS units. The new Oregon 700 series feature...
- A redesigned GPS antenna for better reception and performance
- The new Active Weather feature for up-to-date forecasts and animated weather radar
- Geocaching Live for wireless integration with Geocaching.com
- Smart notifications and automatic uploads, and will be compatible with the Garmin Connect IQ™ platform
- An updated and simplified menu interface, which feature a variety of activity profiles such as hike, mountain bike, climb, hunt, geocache, fish and more
All models include...
- Built-in ABC sensors: the altimeter provides elevation data to accurately monitor ascent and descent, the barometer can be used to predict weather changes by showing short-term changes in air pressure, and the 3-axis electronic compass helps users keep their bearings, even when standing still
- A 3-inch sunlight readable touchscreen display with dual orientation capabilities
- An IPX7 water rating
- A dual battery system, which is compatible with either AA batteries or an optional NiMH rechargeable battery pack (both options provide 16 hours of battery life)
The Oregon 700 series units are available now for purchase. The Oregon 700 will have a suggested retail price of $399.99 U.S.; the Oregon 750 will have a suggested retail price of $499.99 U.S.; and the Oregon 750t will have a suggested retail price of $549.99 U.S.