Garmin announced the GPSMAP 64sc today which includes a 8MP camera complete with geotagging and flash functionality. It also has a unique dual battery system that works with both the included NiMH battery pack (up to 16 hours of battery life) and traditional AA batteries, so users have options on how to keep their device charged while out in the field.
- 8 megapixel autofocus camera with automatic geotagging
- 2.6-inch sunlight-readable transflective color display
- High-sensitivity GPS and GLONASS receiver with quad helix antenna
- 1-year BirdsEye Satellite Imagery subscription
- IPX7 Water Resistance
- 3-axis tilt-compensated electronic compass with accelerometer and barometric altimeter
- Wireless connectivity via Bluetooth® technology¹ or ANT+®