A historic pack containing some fascinating items that were once owned by Bill Mason ends tonight on eBay.
"This is the first of 5 “packs” of memorabilia we will be selling as my mom downsizes and moves. Our family is honoured to have most of the Bill Mason photographs, papers and equipment safely in the collections of four of Canada's national museums who consider Bill's life's work a national treasure. Of course we have set aside things for the Mason family's and for our future generations to cherish, but we are offering the remainder of the memorabilia to those who would appreciate them."
You have the chance to win...
- 1 Photographic print - 13.5" x 8.5" Algonquin Mist, condition good
- 1 Photographic print - 19.5" x 15.5" Beaver Lodge, signed , condition good
- 1 Photographic print - 19.5" x 15.5" Hell's Gate, Nahanni, condition good
- 1 Book - softcover, 180 pages Freshwater Saga by Eric Morse, 1987, condition good
- 1 Book softcover, 141 pages Canoecraft by Ted Moores and Merilyn Mohr, 1983, condition good
- 2 Booklets Bill Mason and Song of the Paddle, condition good
- 10 Postcards Cry of the Wild, condition good
- 2 Postcards Path of the Paddle, condition good
- 1 Belt buckle 2.5”x 2.5” Canoe Dynr buckle, condition poor
- 1 Belt buckle 2.5”x 2” wolf Indiana metal craft 1976, condition very poor
- 1 Belt buckle 2.5”x 3”canoeist with trees Indiana metal craft 1976, condition very poor
- 1 PFD used in Bill's films, condition poor very well used.
- 1 pair of winter Moccasins 11” long signed “Mason”, condition fair
- 1 Wood Duluth Canoe Pack, green canvas with tump, one broken strap, signed 3 times, condition fair
- 1 hatchet cover made by Bill. Leather, grip tape, shoelace, condition very well used
- 1 Canoe Yoke 33” ash wood, condition good
- 1 Canoe thwart 32” ash wood, condition fair
- 1 pot 5” high x 8” dia aluminum, condition very well used.
- 1 coffee pot 6” high x 5” dia aluminum, condition very well used.
- 1 oiled bag, 11” x 7” labelled repair and rope, condition very poor
- 1 piece of signed rawhide with two 4” and one 2” carriage bolts for canoe seats, condition fair
- 1 fishing lure metal container with thread, condition poor very well used
- 1 Viking Blacks of Greenock sleeping bag down mummy 70” long, condition fair
Head over to the auction to learn more about these items and bid yourself. This first auction ends March 11th.