B.C. Parks Drew A Record Number Of Visitors in 2015

Photo from B.C. Parks

Photo from B.C. Parks

B.C. Parks had a record year this year including an influx of visitors from U.S., Germany, Switzerland, Denmark and Australia. There were 159,000 camping reservations made in 2015 which is a new, all-time record and continues a growing upward trend.

B.C. Park Reservations (Approximate)

“The pride British Columbians have in our magnificent parks is clearly reflected in the increasing numbers of people and families who enjoy them. But more and more we are seeing the world associate B.C. with the natural splendour we enjoy right in our own backyard. I am thrilled that so many visitors – from throughout the province and around the world – love our treasured parks, and are making sure they get outside to enjoy them. Whether camping along the water or nestled underneath mountains, each provincial park experience is truly unique.” - Mary Polak, Minister of Environment

There are currently more than 5,300 reservable sites in 99 provincial parks in 115 campgrounds throughout B.C. Approximately 51% of overall camping opportunities in B.C. Parks are reservable, while the remaining 49% are available for first-come, first-served customers.

Stay connected with B.C. Parks by following them on Facebook.