The Traversée de la Gaspésie currently offers special events including a week of cross-country skiing, and a week of cycling. This will be the first year that they will offer a week of hiking which runs September 27 to October 4.
"As the mountains of the Gaspé put on their brightest fall colours and whales sport in the waters near the shore, 125 hikers will first measure their abilities in the mountains in the Chic-Chocs by climbing Mont Albert, Mont Jacques-Cartier and Mont Xalibu. Then, they will be welcomed by the communities of Rivière-Madeleine, Grande-Vallée, Petite-Vallée, Saint-Yvon and Anse-à-Valleau along the north side of the Upper Gaspé Peninsula. Their adventure will come to an end along the ridges and pebble beaches of Forillon National Park of Canada. “Having hiked in Spain, France and all over the place in North America, I’m sure people will be absolutely amazed by the sheer beauty of our Gaspé Peninsula,” assured Claudine Roy, the organisation’s president."
- September 28 - Mont Albert - 16 km
- September 29 - Jacques-Cartier, Xalibu, Lac aux Américains - 23 km
- September 30 - Mont St-Pierre to Anse-Pleureuse - 25.5 km
- October 1 - Grand Étang to Anse-à-Valleau - 16 km
- October 2 - Forillon National Park : Les Crêtes – Mont St-Alban – Cap-Bon-Ami - 18 km
- October 3 - Forillon National Park : Les Graves – Cap Gaspé - 18 km