“We are thrilled to bring back Bill Scott’s passion and innovative spirit to meet the demands of a growing market” - Guillaume Leblanc, Founder
Based out of Rouyn-Noranda, in Northwestern Quebec, they are looking to keep the reputation of the brands. Abitibi & Co are looking to utilize top end raw materials which have been sourced from North America and have also hired Brigitte Charland (the quality control and mold specialist for the last twenty five years for Mid-Canada-Fiberglass) as part of their team.
“We want to offer more than great products. We want to share our passion for the outdoors, our commitment to maintain its beauty and rally the community to take part in the wilderness activism movement,” - JD Petit, Director of Marketing.
Scott Canoes come with a two-year limited warranty and will be available in Fiberglass, Standard Kevlar and Expedition Kevlar. Both ends of every canoe also come with a keel strip. When the new website launches in 2015, you will be able to customize your own canoe with colour (eight to choose from), trim (Black vinyl, standard aluminum, and Wood/Aluminum trim), etc. and once you place your order, interestingly enough, it will ship from the closest participating dealer.
- Recreational Canoes: Echo 14 & 16
- Wilderness Tripping: Prospector 15, 16, & 17
- River Dancer
- Scott Classic Canoe Series: L'il Canoe, Explorer, Wilderness, Tripper & Adventurer
- Sporting Canoes: Feather, Bushman, Woodsman, Makobe, Albany and Hudson Bay Freighter,
Bluewater Canoes will be available in Infused Kevlar or Infused Carbon-Kevlar, eight colours, feature Black anodized aluminum trim or wood trim, and also feature the keel strip on both ends of the canoe.
- Freedom Series: Freedom 16/6 Scout, Freedom 17 Tripper & Freedom 17/9 Explorer
- Saugeen Series: Saugeen 15, 16/6 & 17/6
- Classic Series: Prospector 16, & Peterborough 16
- Specialty Series: Mist 14/10, & Split Rock 16
Impel Kayaks will be available in Fiberglass, Standard Kevlar and Expedition Kevlar, and your choice of nine different colours.
- The Force: Category 3, 4 & 5
- Specialty Touring: Outer Island, and Hesper
- Performance Touring: Mystic, Montauk, Currituck, Assateague, & Temiskawa
Learn more, subscribe to the e-mail newsletter and download the latest brochures at Abitibico.ca.
“We’re already seeing strong interest and we are ready to meet the demand,” - Eric Boucher, Director of Production.